Earlier this year Southern Living asked Lynn to deck the table for the holiday season! Together with Pat’s Floral Design and Rock Paper Scissors, we created a table design of earthy elegance. We are honored to have a three page spread in this December’s issue!
Part of our task was to provide helpful tips for those who are planning a Christmas party at home. Today we wish to share these holiday tips with you!
– Even if you don’t use placecards, still consider where your guests will be seated around the table before they arrive.
– If parking is limited, chat with your neighbors about using nearby spots.
– Be sure there are empty hangers and room in your closet for coats.
– Don’t forget the spirits. Chill your wine, and have you bar stocked and ready with plenty of ice, glassware, garnishes, shakers, stirrers, liquor. The bar can be anywhere from the kitchen counter to a side table in your living room. Remember wherever your bar is the guests will be!
– Have an empty vase with water ready and scissors nearby in the event guests bring you flowers.
– Try to allow yourself a moment to relax before guests arrive. You set the tone for the party. Aim to open the door welcoming and relaxed.
Check in next Wednesday for pictures and details from the shoot!
Image courtesy of Eric Kelley