As the fall approaches are are excited for many new adventures at Easton Events, including a few destination weddings! Here are a handful of helpful hits for planning your own destination wedding:
1. Start planning early. Acquiring a marriage license from some countries can take up to four months.
2. Be flexible while planning your wedding. Some destinations only allow celebrations Monday – Friday.
3. Plan to arrive to your weddings destination early. The bride and groom do not want to be jet lagged before their big day!
4. Try to select a destination that has reasonably priced hotels in the area. If this is not possible, try to compensate for a bit of the hotel room cost, or negotiate for a group rate on airlines or hotels.
5. Great your guest with a warm welcome. How about a cool refreshment and a welcome note to introduce them to your favorite destination.
6. Start the weekend off slow. Throw an informal and casual dinner party for the night of your guests arrival. Serve local cuisine and allow your guests to relax and enjoy the setting.
7. Plan group activities for your guests. Let them experience why the location you choose is so special to you. Make sure the activities are appropriate for all age groups so everyone can attend!
8. End the weekend with an informal brunch so guests can say their goodbyes before heading to the airport.
All images courtesy of Snippet & Ink