With the hot and humid Virginia weather these past few days we have been thinking about iced drinks, fresh fruit, and lemonade stands!
Outside ceremonies in the summer months call for iced beverage stations so guests can refresh and cool down while sitting outside during the ceremony.
The design behind your beverage station can make a lasting impression on wedding guests since it’s one of the first things they see. From mason jars with striped straws to crystal champagne flutes the concept behind the beverage station sets the tone for your wedding style!
Here are a few things to consider when creating a drink station:
1. Have signage letting the guests know they can serve themselves.
2. Don’t pre-pour your drinks on a hot summer day. The glasses will “sweat” and could ruin your table clothes before the guests even arrive!
3. Use glass containers rather than silver to avoid condensation on the surfaces.
2. Include cocktail napkins on the drink station table for guests to wrap around their glass
3. Leave galvanized buckets or drop tables nearby so guests can dispose of their straws and napkins as they leave the ceremony.
4. Have wait staff waiting with empty trays to catch the glasses as guests make their way the reception.
Enjoy the summer and beat the heat with a cool refreshment!